Crowd Ideation in General Electric to source new ideas for products and technology
Crowd Ideation & Innovation•1 minute read
General Electric refers to crowd ideation as ‘accessing a global brain’. The company invested a sizeable amount in using technology to connect with its 300,000 people around the organization to solve the biggest issues and enable radical innovation throughout the company.
- General Electric have launched their own crowd ideation and innovation tool – Fuse.
- Fuse opens for crowd ideation across the global organization.
- 70,000 users across more than 150 countries.
- 3,844 ideas submitted.
- 80,000 comments logged.
- 120,000 votes cast in screening for the best ideas.
- 12 projects received funding of $55 million.
- 15% of submissions from students alone.